Truck engine just clicks when trying to start it battery and starter are good what could be the problem?
Wont start on 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
September 14, 2010
Usually this is a sign of a battery with one dead cell as it will still light the headlights and play the radio but won't have the amps to engage the starter. Best thing to do is have the battery tested at the parts store or go to Sears, Pep Boys etc My call is you need a new battery
Verified for the Dodge Ram 150069 reports
Reported by cement0311 and 85 others for the Dodge Ram 150086 reports
Verified for the Dodge Ram 15006 reports
1 answerDecember 16, 2010
1 answerJanuary 25, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 1500 Questions
- Turns over but doesn't start on first try and getting worse.
- How much do I have to drive the car for the drive cycle?
- I have a 98 ram 1500 and seems to lack power but not missing or bogging rpm will
- How to diagnose and repair a p0441 obdll code that goes on and off
- I have a 02 dodge ram 4.7. Gauges won't light up. Crank no start.
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Estimates
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($230 - $359) in Magnolia, NC
- Alternator Replacement ($276 - $469) in Pamplico, SC
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($318 - $462) in Sarepta, LA
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($90 - $135) in Ellis, ID
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($226 - $239) in Lyons, IN
- Drive Axle Assembly Leak Inspection ($52 - $67) in Selma, OR