My CRV wouldn't start last night. Turn the key and get one click. Plenty of battery reserve, but tried jumper cables just in case they allowed it to start. No difference. Have had no prior issues like this. Any ideas?
Won't start on 1999 Honda CR-V
Turn on your head lights if they are bright it is most likely that the starter solenoid has failed which is part of the starter motor. It is typical failure of a solenoid, you hear the click because the starter solenoid contacts and plunger fail and cannot pass the heavy starter motor current to the starter motor.
Verified for the Honda CR-V106 reports
3 answersAugust 27, 2012
1 answerApril 08, 2016
1 answerJune 24, 2014
1 answerApril 26, 2015
This week's top 10
1999 Honda CR-V Estimates
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($115 - 181) in Elmore, AL
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($254 - 356) in Port Alexander, AK
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($268 - 524) in Bushnell, FL
- Fuel Filter Change ($72 - 109) in Napakiak, AK
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,433 - 2,103) in Whitwell, TN
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($276 - 518) in West Branch, MI