All equipment in my truck works but sometimes when I start up the windows, radio, fan, etc will not work. I can hit the dash over the steering wheel with the hills of both hands and everything will come back on. Sometimes with the engine on or off and the radio on I can open the glove box and the radio will go off. Is it a ghost?
Wiring or electronics problem on 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by csubak30 ,
January 12, 2014
No ghost...sounds like a frayed wiring harness behind the dash. You will need to pull the radio and some of ther paneling to get a good look. Usual culprit wires are one of the mains rubbing against the sharp edges of the radio mounting bracket.
1 answerMay 15, 2011
1 answerJanuary 20, 2013
1 answerFebruary 26, 2011
- 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Repair and Maintenance
- 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Maintenance Schedule
- 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Problems(9)
- 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Repair Estimates
- 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Q&A(82)
- 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Recalls(3)
- 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Shops
- 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Reviews(4)
This week's top 10
Recent Ford F-250 Super Duty Questions
- . I have a 2010 250 4x4 5.4 6-speed. Truck has rough idle, bucks and hesitates.
- How often has the key start gone bad? How expensive to replace it.
- Oil gone from crankcase into coolant fill what caused this
- I scanned my truck and a fuel sensor "A" code came up. I have about 1/4 tank
- Truck will start in any temperature but will lose power quickly and stall.
2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Estimates
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($421 - 531) in Boalsburg, PA
- Electrical System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Collinsville, OH
- 30,000 Mile Service ($247 - 350) in Leggett, CA
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Rainier, OR
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($257 - 352) in West Blocton, AL
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Lyle, MN