Oldsmobile Q&A

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Question: Windshield fog problem / clunking / bad gas mileage

JK9684, 2.4L 4 Cylinder, Mchenry, IL, August 03, 2010, 00:30

I do not know the service history of my vehicle the dealership I bought the used car from in May 2010 gave me no info besides a carfax report showing oil changes up until 33,000 miles in 2005. My windshield fogs up on outside very badly in middle with defoger turned on settings cold air brought in from outside. Have to keep wipers on. This is in dry weather as well as wet. Why am I having this problem? Also when driving over bumps i hear the frunt wheels clunk and rattle and it is very annoying! What is the cause of the persistant issue? I know reviews on this car are very bad and it is said Aleros are problamatic cars. It is also known that for the model year they are known for bad gas mileage. My car has just under 110,000 miles purchased with 108, 329 May 20th 2010. So car is not driven very often. I am only getting 18-20 mpg's but mostly drive city, I still think thats bad for a 4 cly! I have read other owners achieving better mpgs with the 3.4L 6 cyl. What can be done about this? I didnt conduct research before purchasing it and it was an impulsive buy. I know I need new wiper blades already after the dealership supposly installed new ones 2 months ago previous to car purchase listed in reconditioning work. They are leaving white streaks across windshield restricting my night time visibility along with defrost problem therefore I do not try to drive at night. However I do not know what the best wiper blades are to get. For the problems I am having could I please get a rough estimated cost? I do not want to go too cheap either. Thank you for the help much appreciated.