window problems on 2001 BMW 325i

drivers window keeps breaking regulator what could be causing this

by in Hot Springs National Park, AR on April 28, 2009
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by on April 28, 2009
Has the car been in an accident or the door itself got any damage to the channel that the window glass slides up and down in? Try lubricating the window channels with aerosol spray silicon available at a car parts store or hardware store. It will lessen friction between the glass and channel but I would closely inspect the internal workings of the door. Hot Springs National Park sounds wonderful ! I love the National and State Parks.
COMMENT by on July 22, 2010
I've had to replace the window mechanism on 3 of my 4 windows, and now one will need to be replaced a 2nd time. I think it's a design flaw in the 2001 328xi, to be honest.
The driver side door window worked and than just stopped working. Does it need a fuse or not? The passenger side still works.
none of my windows will go down i replace the fuse and nothing , help anybody
A side door window regulator may fail causing the window to stop working, in some eases falling into the door. Replacement of the failed regulator will be required to correct this concern.
A creak or squeak can be heard from the top of the front or rear doors. This noise is most noticeable when the windows are fully up. The noise is caused by the decay of the flocking material on the...
The windows and sunroof both recently stopped working in my 92 BMW 325i E36 4 door sedan. I checked all of the fuses and the only one that is not working is the #1 fuse which is the sunroof. Do the...