1992 Ford Explorer Q&A

1992 Ford Explorer Question: window problems

I think my windows are off track. Some work, some need help up and down, along with the button being pushed. -
If the window/glass is off track the window will not close fully in the door opening. The window glass may go up in a slightly slanted angle. Things that effect the speed at which the glass raises up and down or result in the glass needing assistance to raise the glass upward are, the "U-shaped" rubber channel that the glass slides may be damaged, the motor may be getting weak or the window regulator may be damaged. Try spraying silicon spray down the front and rear rubber channel at each side of the glass see if that speeds up the operation of the glass raising and lowering. The door panel will need to be removed to check the channels and window regulator mechanism. It is important that the motor receives full battery voltage to operate as the motor requires a relatively large amount of current to operate. Does the window operate up and down quicker when the engine is running (charging voltage is higher than static battery voltage)? -
Comment 1
If the window keeps failing off the track is it the "Door Window Regulator" I need to Replace? if the motor is still good. -
Passenger window cable spun off gear- window is down-How to raise/close window till I can get fixed?
The rear window wiper may not fully contact the rear window. Our technicians tell us that repla...
My rear passenger side window just stopped working. The rear control will drive the window down fine, but not up. There is no control from the drivers main control up or down. I checked the motor a...
WINDOWS ARE STARTING TO GO DOWN SLOW ON ALL 4 WINDOWS. DOES THIS MEAN THE MOTOR IS GOING (IS THERE 1 OR SEVERAL MOTORS), BELT IS GOING OR SOMETHING ELSE. HAPPENS IN WINTER AND SUMMER. BATTERY IS ...