Car will go into all positions except park. It will occasionally catch but for the most part will just roll. Must use emergency brake. How to I fix it. Have been parking on a hill, may have something to do with it.
Will not stay in park on 2001 Ford Expedition
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Valleyautotech ,
April 05, 2010
Sounds like the parking pawl either needs adjustment or replacement. This is a 2 to 2 1/2 hour job and is usually done by a transmission shop.call some shops to see if they can handle this www.repairpal.com/directory
2 answersJanuary 13, 2011
1 answerFebruary 13, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Expedition Questions
- The rear side windows how do you close them?
- Truck has a hard time starting and once started white smoke comes from exhaust
- FUEL PUMP RELAY FUSE
- My transmission shifts really quick when accelerating, and shifts really slow
- I just recently changed the fuse box alternator fuse link and battery no start!
2001 Ford Expedition Estimates
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($163 - 376) in Sheep Ranch, CA
- Timing Belt Replacement ($386 - 513) in Newfolden, MN
- Coolant Reservoir Replacement ($126 - 167) in Chelsea, IA
- Fuel Filter Change ($84 - 123) in Chariton, IA
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($260 - 292) in Pawnee, IL
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($200 - 271) in Maysville, WV