you can floor it and it goes threw all the gears then when you let up (75 mph) it is no longer in gear and will only drive in low you can stop and floor it but when you let up it will not stay in the high gears it has new torque converter.
will not stay in high gears on 1996 Toyota 4Runner
2 answersDecember 12, 2013
2 answersMay 22, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota 4Runner Questions
- Eng Trac off vsc light is on I can take cable off batt it go off sho no code?
- Side to side wobble under 8 mph. Steering wheel not jerking.
- I have cylender that is. Not firing and when taking ng off heads #1 was like ne
- Will not start when cold temperature, what will cause that
- Shift to "D" -> Very weak pullup -> Chekengine light on.
1996 Toyota 4Runner Estimates
- EGR Valve Replacement ($268 - 468) in Obrien, CA
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Kosciusko, MS
- Spark Plug Replacement ($142 - 197) in Norma, NJ
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($233 - 338) in Schenevus, NY
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($263 - 308) in Stout, OH
- Horn Replacement ($107 - 141) in Norris, SC