you can floor it and it goes threw all the gears then when you let up (75 mph) it is no longer in gear and will only drive in low you can stop and floor it but when you let up it will not stay in the high gears it has new torque converter.
will not stay in high gears on 1996 Toyota 4Runner
2 answersDecember 12, 2013
2 answersMay 22, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota 4Runner Questions
- My transmission will only shift easily when the car is warm for 30 mins. minimum
- Shifting hard when warmed up, feels like a hard bump after it shifts in low gear
- the gear shift is stuck in Park. when brake is depressed.
- VSC,TRAC and engine light turn on when rear window defrost is turned on.
- How to kill VSC OFF, VSC TRAC & ENGINE lights that stay on?
1996 Toyota 4Runner Estimates
- Clutch Replacement ($922 - $1,283) in Obrien, CA
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($252 - $378) in Kosciusko, MS
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($436 - $586) in Norma, NJ
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($129 - $178) in Schenevus, NY
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($336 - $354) in Stout, OH
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($292 - $539) in Norris, SC