my son sad that he heard a noise in the engine and it cut off and would not started it is getting gas and spark but will not start can not get it
will not start on 1998 Plymouth Neon
ANSWER by Johnny Mopar,
January 21, 2011
I do not have much to go on, however It is possible that your timing belt has broken or jumped the sprocket and the noise heard is the valve train hitting the pistons. The engine does not have provisions for a free wheeling valve train.
2 answersApril 01, 2010
1 answerMarch 19, 2011
1 answerJune 19, 2011
1 answerNovember 29, 2011
2 answersDecember 14, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Plymouth Neon Questions
- I replaced the a heater core on a 2000 plymouth neon. And now wipers won't work
- I have a Neon that is no crank, no start. I have been troubleshooting, and I want to see if what I think it is makes sense, and if there is anything I haven't thought to check yet that could be the problem. I'll explain everything in the details. Thanks!
- What cause engine to jump when AC turned on
- Anyone have an idea on how to get the rear passenger door to open?
- My speedometer and gas gauge is not working. Could it be my O2 sensor?