Whenever I am driving at highway speeds and I shift into neutral (e.g. when I need to slow down), the rpms suddenly drop from around 2500-3000 to almost zero. Sometimes the engine recovers and doesn't stall, other times the engine quits cold turkey. This has happened to me more than a handful of times. I've learned to deal with it, but I'd like to know what the problem is. It doesn't matter if the weather is hot or cold. I thought it might be the Idle Air Control Valve, but now I'm not too sure.
Whydoesmy car stall on the highway when at speed I shift from gear into neutral? on 2008 Nissan Sentra
Asked by for the 2008 Nissan Sentra
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Sentra Questions
- U1000, P0705,1722, 1705,1726,1777,0740,0745,1217 codes and high temp reading
- Engine light on. Was told that would need to replace 2 catalytic converters.
- Poor acceleration and gear shifting, loud noise that increases with speed...
- wipers still have power but i think a gear broke in the motor.
- Rough idle and sluggish acceleration
2008 Nissan Sentra Estimates
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($438 - $2,478) in White Mills, KY
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($544 - $692) in Hensley, AR
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Northbridge, MA
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($700 - $919) in Olsburg, KS
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($505 - $1,307) in Caballo, NM
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($95 - $421) in Robinson, KS