Whenever I am driving at highway speeds and I shift into neutral (e.g. when I need to slow down), the rpms suddenly drop from around 2500-3000 to almost zero. Sometimes the engine recovers and doesn't stall, other times the engine quits cold turkey. This has happened to me more than a handful of times. I've learned to deal with it, but I'd like to know what the problem is. It doesn't matter if the weather is hot or cold. I thought it might be the Idle Air Control Valve, but now I'm not too sure.
Whydoesmy car stall on the highway when at speed I shift from gear into neutral? on 2008 Nissan Sentra
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Sentra Questions
- ,it start and shot down , I change,crank sensor,cam sensor 4 plug,bank1,oil
- My car is push button and it will not start, has been doing this off n on
- Can a broken strut cause the steering column to lock?
- Whilst driving my vehicle looses power but does not shutoff
- need to know whats wrong with the ckp po335
2008 Nissan Sentra Estimates
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($544 - 692) in White Mills, KY
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($139 - 192) in Hensley, AR
- Clutch Cable Replacement ($90 - 139) in Northbridge, MA
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($250 - 357) in Olsburg, KS
- Trans Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Caballo, NM
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($354 - 461) in Robinson, KS