The key got stuck in the ignition about 6 months ago, so I thought it was alternator or battery bad due to having my key stick when these items had to be replaced recently but they were still good. took to a mechanic they replaced the dash panel and the starter worked for two weeks complete shut down after that they said needed a new battery since mine i just had gotten went and got a brand new one and the car was fine again for two weeks. Took back to mechanic and they did some things to starter and was okay for another two weeks but the key being stuck in ignition was draining the battery. Once the mechanics located the switch advised me to use to get the key out worked for about a month. Then i went to get some gas put my car in park and it would not cut off. Went to use the lever under the steering column and it cut completely off but was still in start. The mechanic has had it two weeks they got the key out but cannot find a solution and i am so frustrated i cant afford a car note but i cant afford to keep fixing this car.
why would the car cut off while started in park, and key stuck in the ignition? on 2003 Pontiac Aztek
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Aztek Questions
- What causes a bad miss and a sound like loud ticking valves and a loss of power?
- Why is when I go to take off the car bogs down
- engine stutter. I put it in neutral to see if it might be the trans, but the motor continued to stutter. I put it back in drive and it accelerates fine and drives fine. It only hesistates at stops. Now check engine light is on.
- My aztek runs hot hasn't over heated yet though, got two new thermostats as well as two new cooling sensors put on didn't fix the issue what could it be? haven't noticed any leaks! Now as well a few days ago it started this new thing where when
- I have an 03 aztek and it keeps blowing the fuse 42 which is the pass key 3 when it blow it locks down the car and I cant drive it now I can't even turn the key without the fuse blowing please help