Driving in 2 wheel drive on a sandy dirt road at 45mph, hit a narrow, deep rut. Wrench light came on. That was 40K miles ago & no noticeable degradation of performance. Ford dealer says solution is to replace the transmission...?! I'd like to trade the car but the value goes down with the power train light on! Any suggestions?
Why would Power train light come on with no discernable change in performance? on 2006 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- what causes power lock not to unlock with key or door panel switch
- What causes the speedometer roll back and stop working?
- thought fuel pump was bad so put new one in and still wont start
- had transmission coil pack changed and now when i put it in drive it dies
- Lately I have been hearing a high whistling sound when Im stationary in park.