My engine did not stop running even after I removed the keys from the ignition and it continued to run for about 45 minutes, apparently while I was in a store shopping. When I came out of the store I of course noticed that my car was still running even though I had the keys for my car in my pocket. I then had to place keys back in the ignition and turned the ignition to on and then back off, still did not shut off. I then turned the ignition back on to the run position and gave it gas and then back off and was able to shut engine off after that. I noticed at that time after looking at the engine that the top of the radiator was broken off, apparently from engine getting hot from fan not being on for the radiator.
Why would my engine keep running after the engine was turned off? on 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Santa Fe Questions
- is there i can bypass the a/c pulley when replacing the spertaine belt
- What would cause timing belt to shred and seize engine
- was running fine yesterday and wont start today.the car makes no noise.
- Why does my car lose power/ acceleration while driving normal? Never shut off.
- selector difficult to move from park to drive must put into n to start
2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Estimates
- Windshield Washer Pump Replacement ($89 - 142) in Gardendale, TX
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($617 - 1,374) in Nickerson, NE
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($260 - 890) in De Soto, KS
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Rochester, IL
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Blissfield, OH
- Parking Brake Shoe Replacement ($171 - 203) in Rosston, OK