My engine did not stop running even after I removed the keys from the ignition and it continued to run for about 45 minutes, apparently while I was in a store shopping. When I came out of the store I of course noticed that my car was still running even though I had the keys for my car in my pocket. I then had to place keys back in the ignition and turned the ignition to on and then back off, still did not shut off. I then turned the ignition back on to the run position and gave it gas and then back off and was able to shut engine off after that. I noticed at that time after looking at the engine that the top of the radiator was broken off, apparently from engine getting hot from fan not being on for the radiator.
Why would my engine keep running after the engine was turned off? on 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Santa Fe Questions
- How do I delete "Call History from the phone touch screen
- What is the length of the rear coil springs?
- does the rubber hose between the gas tank and the filler tube have different dia
- why would the fan/ac running make my car lose power and ultimately die
- When u start my car it idles for a second then idles lower and then dies.