Engines rpms are high. Seems to not want to go as fast as normal. Using excessive gas. Engine makes a very loud hissing noise when pressing gas pedal in or out of gear.
Why would engine have a loud hissing noise from engine when being
accelerated on 2002 Nissan Altima
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by tunnelram ,
May 12, 2013
sounds like you may have a vacum leak
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Altima Questions
- Front end shaky at highway speed, tires balanced recently,not a smooth ride
- how much is it to fix a push to start issue on a 2009 nissan altima
- Can’t shut off 1998 Nissan Altima’s alarm
- Engine cranks but will not start. Fob battery good.
- BLUE SMOKE WHEN I TURN IT ON. COULD BE A PISTON RING? HOW MUCH TO REPAIR?
2002 Nissan Altima Estimates
- Rear Main Seal Replacement ($659 - 836) in Hughes, AR
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($96 - 426) in Houghton, MI
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Friendship, WI
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - 104) in Dumas, AR
- Horn Replacement ($62 - 250) in Stigler, OK
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($293 - 830) in Greenford, OH