my 1988 S15 jimmy 2.8 liter will not crank on the first turn of the key i have to turn it at least 10-15 times to actually get it started and when i do get it cranked it shuts off and it shakes the whole time its running when first cranked. once it does get cranked and i put it in gear it will shut off and back fire through the throttle body. i have replaced my wires,spark plugs, distributer cap and rotor button, along with my fuel and air filter. does anyone have any idea what could possibley be wrong with my S15 jimmy?
why wont my jimmy stay cranked on 1990 GMC S15 Jimmy
Asked by for the 1990 GMC S15 Jimmy
This week's top 10
Recent GMC S15 Jimmy Questions
- How do I change the break switch, what does it look like, and where exactly is it located on a 1989 S15 Jimmy?
- what would be the best way to get the door off of another truck then re-install
- sloppy handling and tire leaning out on my 91 jimmy
- i have a 91 jimmy s15 fule injected it is getting gas but it will not start
- battery keeps draining overnite, new battery what could be draining my battery?
1990 GMC S15 Jimmy Estimates
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($248 - $365) in Lancing, TN
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - $104) in Milpitas, CA
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($310 - $435) in Easton, MN
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($59 - $80) in Blaine, KY
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($57 - $70) in Knob Noster, MO
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($733 - $900) in Fort Bragg, NC