my 1988 S15 jimmy 2.8 liter will not crank on the first turn of the key i have to turn it at least 10-15 times to actually get it started and when i do get it cranked it shuts off and it shakes the whole time its running when first cranked. once it does get cranked and i put it in gear it will shut off and back fire through the throttle body. i have replaced my wires,spark plugs, distributer cap and rotor button, along with my fuel and air filter. does anyone have any idea what could possibley be wrong with my S15 jimmy?
why wont my jimmy stay cranked on 1990 GMC S15 Jimmy
This week's top 10
Recent GMC S15 Jimmy Questions
- was running died going down highway now it wont start
- How do I change the break switch, what does it look like, and where exactly is it located on a 1989 S15 Jimmy?
- what would be the best way to get the door off of another truck then re-install
- driver side window does not roll up or down evenly.
- sloppy handling and tire leaning out on my 91 jimmy
1990 GMC S15 Jimmy Estimates
- Starter Replacement ($339 - 497) in Lancing, TN
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($184 - 251) in Milpitas, CA
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($237 - 365) in Easton, MN
- Timing Belt Replacement ($386 - 513) in Blaine, KY
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($104 - 163) in Knob Noster, MO
- Window Switch Replacement ($102 - 208) in Fort Bragg, NC