Replaced the altinator and new batter. The lights on the dash all light and stay on for a few seconds when I try to crank it. It sounds like its blowing air a little from under the hood when I try to crank it. It also has a lite smell to it when I try to crank it. It has 123000 miles. Haven't had any major issues with the car. Someone told me it sounds like the "brain" is bad said the part is 138 new from advance auto.
Why wont my it crank has a smell to it sounds like its blowing air when I try? on 1999 Buick Regal
Asked by for the 1999 Buick Regal
This week's top 10
Recent Buick Regal Questions
- how to remove the headlamp assembly . moister inside , need to dry it out .
- antifreeze drain plug 2001 buick regal
- overheated now ticking & blowing white smoke out tail pipe oil n water blown?
- Why massive oil leak after engine turned off? No issues while driving just b/4?
- Replaced thermostat and still overheats.
1999 Buick Regal Estimates
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - 104) in Lookout, CA
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($245 - 587) in Silver Spring, MD
- Haldex Fluid/Filter Replacement ($0 - 0) in Boise, ID
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($0 - 0) in Bradford, AR
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($219 - 295) in Charmco, WV
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($194 - 274) in Valley Head, AL