Sometimes when its hot out and I use the ac my car won't restart. It will start ok and then I will stop somewhere and it won't restart. It will turn over. The electric is fine. The engine temperature is normal. Sometimes it will star and the engine will rumble with vibrations and then die. I have only ever had this problem on hot days. If I leave it alone for a few hours and try again when the sun goes down it will restart no problem. My mechanic has done some testing and can't figure it out. They would like to see the car when it won't start but its very difficult to get it to them in time.
Why won't my car start on hot days? on 1996 Mazda Protege
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- Can a automatic transmission starter work in a manual transmission 2001 protege
- The Ecm is bad in my protoge. I've bought a different one but it didn't work.
- Where is the fuse box location? I changed the bu lb in back over license plate
- My key broke in half it was in my pant pocket where can i get another one
- When I press the clutch pedal the engine decelerate and shut down
1996 Mazda Protege Estimates
- 7,500 Mile Service ($71 - 116) in Redwood, MS
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Ulysses, KY
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($522 - 730) in Manchester, MD
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($99 - 189) in Allred, TN
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Jump River, WI
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($492 - 543) in Gibson Island, MD