The car starts fine when the tank is full, but at 1/3 full or less, cranking the engine has no effect. If I crank long enough, I smell fuel. If I wait 15-20 minutes, the car will start, but then runs very rough. It eventually smooths out when it warms up. Any ideas out there?
Why won't my Buick start when tank is 1/3 or lower? on 1992 Buick Century
Asked by for the 1992 Buick Century
This week's top 10
Recent Buick Century Questions
- tail light wiring is black, brown and yellow. Which is L turn, which is R turn?
- Car idles great has no acceleration slam pedal to floor takes off
- If i get a body control module from a scrap yard of same make model and year wil
- will not accelerate and is very sluggish when slowly acc.Idles fine
- Is my engine messing up?
1992 Buick Century Estimates
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - $56) in Blackwater, VA
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($469 - $694) in Barnesville, MD
- Transmission Fluid Change ($130 - $169) in Williams Bay, WI
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($362 - $483) in Patterson, NY
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($337 - $468) in Highgate Springs, VT
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($863 - $1,022) in Monarch, MT