The car starts fine when the tank is full, but at 1/3 full or less, cranking the engine has no effect. If I crank long enough, I smell fuel. If I wait 15-20 minutes, the car will start, but then runs very rough. It eventually smooths out when it warms up. Any ideas out there?
Why won't my Buick start when tank is 1/3 or lower? on 1992 Buick Century
Asked by for the 1992 Buick Century
This week's top 10
Recent Buick Century Questions
- car cranks. Turn it off will not crank for an hour what is wrong??
- What does it mean when my power window opens every time I turn on the ignition?
- Old exhaust system has 2 air sensor port holes for my 2 o2 sensors, new one no?
- tail light wiring is black, brown and yellow. Which is L turn, which is R turn?
- Car idles great has no acceleration slam pedal to floor takes off
1992 Buick Century Estimates
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($895 - $1,131) in Blackwater, VA
- PCV Valve Replacement ($56 - $71) in Barnesville, MD
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($135 - $184) in Williams Bay, WI
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($296 - $714) in Patterson, NY
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($223 - $415) in Highgate Springs, VT
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($87 - $107) in Monarch, MT