Last year had A/C checked by third-party and was advised that leak in system--tech unable at that time to locate leak...since it was summer-time I had system recharged then (realizing problem would repeat at sometime)... during the past three to four months noticed degradation in both heating and A/C. Have taken into dealership and was advised of leak in evaporator core...had cooler dryer, evaporator sub-assembly, and expansion valve replaced...freon recharged and I was assured that systems were working properly. Picked up vehicle and no problems for approximately 24 hours...vehicle began to blow non-cooled air and reduced heated air again--this was on auto setting for either heat or A/C. Following week took back to dealership and was advised that system had not been "evacuated" properly and there was a blockage in the system...corrective action supposedly taken and A/C and heat appeared to be operating better. Within one week I was back to a system which is not functioning to my satisfaction. Planning to take back in to dealer and hopefully the third time will be the charm. Curious if anyone else has had a similar experience with their 2005 Prius?
Why tepid heat and cooling after major repair of leak in leak in A/C system? on 2005 Toyota Prius
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Prius Questions
- Found water in my under my spare tire and where my battery sits to the right
- My prius some times the dash panel will not turn on,but it runs fine please help
- The door locatd on right side passenger back seat does not open from the inside.
- The last 2 oil changes have proven to burn lots of oil...is there a recall I missed
- How much is the cost of replacing the ECU unit ( part #8965047103) .I would like a breakdown for parts and labour ( how many hours) please.THANKS