Last year had A/C checked by third-party and was advised that leak in system--tech unable at that time to locate leak...since it was summer-time I had system recharged then (realizing problem would repeat at sometime)... during the past three to four months noticed degradation in both heating and A/C. Have taken into dealership and was advised of leak in evaporator core...had cooler dryer, evaporator sub-assembly, and expansion valve replaced...freon recharged and I was assured that systems were working properly. Picked up vehicle and no problems for approximately 24 hours...vehicle began to blow non-cooled air and reduced heated air again--this was on auto setting for either heat or A/C. Following week took back to dealership and was advised that system had not been "evacuated" properly and there was a blockage in the system...corrective action supposedly taken and A/C and heat appeared to be operating better. Within one week I was back to a system which is not functioning to my satisfaction. Planning to take back in to dealer and hopefully the third time will be the charm. Curious if anyone else has had a similar experience with their 2005 Prius?
Why tepid heat and cooling after major repair of leak in leak in A/C system? on 2005 Toyota Prius
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Prius Questions
- Turn on turn signal indicator and all light come on as if hazards are on
- What is the tank on the front passenger side behind the wheel well?
- Necessary to change trans fluid, engine and inverter coolant at 95,000 miles?
- dash gauges dont light up when car starts and car wont turn off
- stop vehicle. check hybrid system in safe place. car slowed down.
2005 Toyota Prius Estimates
- Windshield Washer Pump Replacement ($126 - 152) in State Line, PA
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($321 - 483) in Farmer, OH
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($1,390 - 1,728) in Highspire, PA
- 110,000 Mile Service ($123 - 185) in Otter Creek, FL
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Naples, NC
- Window Switch Replacement ($219 - 228) in Youngstown, PA