Repair shop replaced egr valve 1 week ago. 4 days later it started having large amounts of white smoke from tailpipe. Didn't smell any coolant at engine area, cab of truck or no sweet smelling exhaust. Drove truck with white smoke issue back home (1 mile) and parked it. The next day drove it 11 miles to the shop and it didn't smoke at all. It ran great both times! Now the shop says replace egr cooler and oil cooler because if we don't replace the oil cooler now...we will be replacing it in 20-30k miles and then every 20-30k after that!!!??? $2350.00 plus tax! ?????
why replace the oil cooler when replacing egr cooler? Egr cooler is the failed on 2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty
This week's top 10
Recent Ford F-350 Super Duty Questions
- High exhaust temp bank1 sensor2 location of sensor.
- f450 -10 triton starting ,idle run one day or a week then start running like water in it starving for fuel.driving me crazy I'm losing money I'm to broke . please help
- my 7.3 diesel cranks hard after it been run and up to temp
- F350 Super Duty 7.3 Diesel that sat for a while and now will not start ... where do I start?
- What would cause my truck to start up sometimes than it would go to knocking and acts like its missing and blowing black smoke at the tail pipe