My 2006 2500HD 6.0 has 225,000 miles on it. Occasionally over the last 2 months, my truck wouldn't start and would need jump started. Now its getting to be almost daily. New battery, alternator tested good, starter good, no codes showing up. One day it will be fine, the next dead, jump start it, then a few hours later started it just fine. Then one hour later, truck again wouldn't start. Yet, as soon as we hook up jumper cables it starts immediately. Very confused, would appreciate any help on this.
Why my truck needs jump started occasionally, batt, alt, starter all test good. on 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by gmc4me ,
January 20, 2012
Sounds like your battery cables are loose. Once you put the jumper cables on you are moving the terminal on the battery. Try and twist the cables to check for tightness. You may also have a bad connection at one of the cables.
1 answerJanuary 13, 2012
0 answersJanuary 13, 2012
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Repair and Maintenance
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Maintenance Schedule
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Problems(19)
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Repair Estimates
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Q&A(72)
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Recalls(3)
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Shops
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Reviews(14)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Questions
- I'm having a problem trying to turn key how can I unlock the ignition?
- Why do the P,R,D symbols blink on my truck? Check engine light came on also..
- Sometimes a po300 cold hot doesn't matter. Restart after few minutes and clears
- New aftermarket towing mirrors. How do i make in-mirror signals work?
- how do I replace the ignition switch cylinder?
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($91 - 159) in Wessington Springs, SD
- Battery Replacement ($136 - 202) in Bethel, ME
- Diesel Injection Pump Replacement ($1,801 - 3,390) in Dodson, TX
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in North Las Vegas, NV
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($271 - 586) in Kingsford, MI
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($974 - 1,036) in Victoria, IL