my service engine light came on on tuesday, had the dashboard diagnostic done on tuesday. said there was a random backfire. light went off and now is back on today. there is over 98 thousand miles on car
why is my service engine light on? on 2006 Ford Taurus
You probably mean misfire instead of backfire. It probably needs a tuneup?
COMMENT by jayla ,
January 13, 2011
WHAT IS THE PRICE RANGE OF TUNE-UPS? HOW LONG CAN SHOULD I GO BEFORE I GET THE TUNE-UP?
1 answerMay 20, 2011
3 answersDecember 13, 2011
2 answersMay 06, 2015
2 answersJune 06, 2012
1 answerApril 09, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- while driving rpm drops down motor cuts off
- I've changed the 02 sensor and the check engine lights is still on.... Now what?
- Why does my fuse number 28 keep blowing in my 2000 Ford Taurus
- Hit a deer with car and now will not turn over. If we use a bypass it will turn
- I don't know why my brake light only works when I press completely down.
2006 Ford Taurus Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($255 - 326) in Darlington, WI
- Radiator Replacement ($665 - 814) in Utica, KY
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($440 - 647) in Cutler, IL
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($67 - 117) in Olyphant, PA
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($98 - 163) in Argyle, IA
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($485 - 911) in Plantersville, MS