Ive taken the car to the dealer, and they say maybe needs new gaskets and hoses. They advised me to fix those and then if that doesn't fix the problem to change the catalytic converter. I took it to my local mechanic and they said hoses and gaskets look good, and that there are no Cat codes going on. They said it is misfiring. What does that mean, and can this problem be fixed with minimal cost. Dealer wanted me to invest $7000, on this junker.
Why is my Service engine light on? on 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta TDI Questions
- car starts and dies. does not stay running
- ok i have no advance on fuel pedal engine wont excelorat
- Rattling noise in neutral with clutch.
- Difficulty getting 5 speed manual into next gear without extra pressure. Trouble began @ 192,200 miles
- Need transmission replaced should I get a used one with 34000 miles on it ? Three months warranty or a rebuilt with one or two year warranty for a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T runs good?