3yr ago I replace radiator the original had a leak,last wk I notice leak,so I flushed the system,replace thermosate,water pump & radiator cap..Before all of this my jeep temp. mantained just under 210 deg. now the leak is stop it but runs hotter then before 210 plus.the fan doesn't free spin it has a little resistance,both heater hose are hot.I don't have water in passenger side floor board.but I do smell ether the hot ness or antifreeze, just a mild sent.I can take radiator cap off when I start up the jeep & when it hits 210 you can see the water circulate.I try burping the system maybe I didn't do that part enough? Does anyone have a clue as to whats going on, & how I can resovle this issue?
why is my jeep overheating ? on 1998 Jeep Wrangler
1 answerOctober 16, 2010
2 answersNovember 16, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Jeep Wrangler Questions
- Air bubble in fuel tank and vent control for heater doesn't work
- How do I fix a rainwater leak in the passenger side firewall?
- It blew a fuse I replaced it and now I get no fire to coil and fuel pump
- why won't my jeep start. have replaced rotor, cap, plugs and coil.
- I am getting water behind my radio. where is it coming from and how do I stop it
1998 Jeep Wrangler Estimates
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($86 - 114) in Stonington, IL
- Brake Hose Replacement ($118 - 245) in Wahpeton, ND
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($119 - 190) in Greentop, MO
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($68 - 119) in Randsburg, CA
- Fuel Filter Replacement ($140 - 302) in Dallas, IA
- Axle Shaft Oil Seal Replacement ($114 - 138) in Drain, OR