On the 22nd I was driving my car and everything was working fine. Next day on the 23rd on my way to work my car started over heating and my heater wasn't working, it was throwing out cold air. The same day on the way back home it started over heating again but, when I was about 2/3s of the way home the car stopped over heating and the the temperature gauge when up to the middle (Before the car overheating the temperature gauge was always all the way to the left on cold) (also my fuel gauge once it reaches the half point, it will go back and forth from empty to half. I don't know if that problem is related). I put some coolant in the car and drove the car to see if would over heat again. The car didn't over heat but, it felt very sluggish, it felt like it had lost power. Hope you can help, thanks in advance.
why is my car over heating? on 1999 Audi A4 Quattro
3 answersApril 08, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Audi A4 Quattro Questions
- How much will cost to do the timing chain extensior?
- Is there an gasket right below the coil packs on a 2.8
- Gas leak, put new fuel rail an injectors in an still leaking gas
- What would cause my heater to stop blowing out air?
- extended warranty - I just bought my leased2014 A4 and trying to decide whether
1999 Audi A4 Quattro Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($293 - 375) in Olanta, PA
- 35,000 Mile Service ($552 - 939) in Casco, MI
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($74 - 131) in Canaan, ME
- 112,500 Mile Service ($126 - 206) in Lumber City, GA
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($939 - 995) in Flatwoods, KY
- Engine Mount Replacement ($504 - 1,281) in Groton, SD