On the 22nd I was driving my car and everything was working fine. Next day on the 23rd on my way to work my car started over heating and my heater wasn't working, it was throwing out cold air. The same day on the way back home it started over heating again but, when I was about 2/3s of the way home the car stopped over heating and the the temperature gauge when up to the middle (Before the car overheating the temperature gauge was always all the way to the left on cold) (also my fuel gauge once it reaches the half point, it will go back and forth from empty to half. I don't know if that problem is related). I put some coolant in the car and drove the car to see if would over heat again. The car didn't over heat but, it felt very sluggish, it felt like it had lost power. Hope you can help, thanks in advance.
why is my car over heating? on 1999 Audi A4 Quattro
Asked by for the 1999 Audi A4 Quattro
3 answersApril 08, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Audi A4 Quattro Questions
- When I put the car into gear and release the clutch, it won't drive
- Theres a loud whine when I accelerate at high RPM. What could it be?
- The ride control suspension just dropped. The lights flash and nothing happens,
- I can't pull off my intake manifold/fuel rail. It wiggles but feels stuck.
- My cams were rotated independantly of the crank during a timing chain repair.
1999 Audi A4 Quattro Estimates
- Water Pump Replacement ($458 - $721) in Olanta, PA
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($129 - $186) in Casco, MI
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($254 - $464) in Canaan, ME
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - $125) in Lumber City, GA
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($800 - $2,167) in Flatwoods, KY
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($939 - $995) in Groton, SD