it slowly started to idle up one day at first thought it was just cause of ac running in 100+ temps within 4 days it idled 3000-4000 rpms especially at stop lights first second then 3rd now 4th when in 5th gear seemed to run fine.now I am afraid to drive even in 5th with high idle. we have replaced the air flow sensor, checked the vaccuum leaks for leaks disconnected battery and tried adjusting the idle to no avail. the check engine light is not on and has not come on at all. what else should we be looking at? we removed the intake hose and for a minute it idled down to normal but as soon as we put our finger over it it idled right back up to 3000-4000 rpms. Help single mother of 3 plus gbaby and only mode of transportation to work.
why is my car idling high? on 1992 Ford Tempo
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Tempo Questions
- How to install a belt without a ac compressed and how do I put a ac on
- Car won't stay running. As soon as I put the car in gear it dies
- The car does not start when you turn the key the instrument panel comes on .
- how do I replace my thermostat in my car.
- My car has been chugging and stalling going up hill. Now it was parked on a steep downhill and wasn't started for a few days. It has fuel ten gallons in it. Fuel gauge didn't work so keep track. It wants to start but won't turn over
1992 Ford Tempo Estimates
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Gallatin, TN
- Brake Drum Replacement ($349 - 528) in Dolliver, IA
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($198 - 420) in Olds, IA
- 120,000 Mile Service ($426 - 598) in Avilla, MO
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Gamaliel, KY
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($264 - 489) in Conway, AR