My car randomly starts and sometimes when I'm driving it stalls and I hear a buzzing noise. I've recently had the ignition switch, starter sensor and spark plugs replaced. It seems to work for a day or two but the problem returns. Could one of my relay switches being going bad or does this seem like a fuel problem?
Why is my car having starting issues? on 2000 Pontiac Grand Am
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by ebans777 ,
September 17, 2012
Its hard to diagnose without hearing/looking the car problem it could be many different things. As you mention above i will with go with fuel pump getting bad.Try to get somebody with you turn on the key but do not start the car you go near the gas tank listen and if its noisy thats the problem.
1 answerFebruary 15, 2011
1 answerJanuary 05, 2013
3 answersFebruary 27, 2009
1 answerNovember 01, 2011
2 answersSeptember 15, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Am Questions
- Why does it sound like muffler fell off but under the hood?
- Have a button for overdrive bit when I push it in or let itout doesn'tseemtowork
- Key placed in ignition switch but nothing is turning at all what's going on
- Went to start car and key won't turn inside ignition switch tried everything
- what do u think is wrong my 97 pontiac grandam won't start
2000 Pontiac Grand Am Estimates
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Harrison, MI
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Bland, MO
- Brake Pad Replacement ($224 - 299) in Mound, TX
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($629 - 1,064) in Mancos, CO
- Engine Control Module Replacement ($262 - 613) in Bluefield, WV
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($118 - 231) in Granger, MO