My car randomly starts and sometimes when I'm driving it stalls and I hear a buzzing noise. I've recently had the ignition switch, starter sensor and spark plugs replaced. It seems to work for a day or two but the problem returns. Could one of my relay switches being going bad or does this seem like a fuel problem?
Why is my car having starting issues? on 2000 Pontiac Grand Am
ANSWER by ebans777 ,
September 17, 2012
Its hard to diagnose without hearing/looking the car problem it could be many different things. As you mention above i will with go with fuel pump getting bad.Try to get somebody with you turn on the key but do not start the car you go near the gas tank listen and if its noisy thats the problem.
1 answerFebruary 15, 2011
1 answerJanuary 05, 2013
3 answersFebruary 27, 2009
1 answerNovember 01, 2011
2 answersSeptember 15, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Am Questions
- what do u think is wrong my 97 pontiac grandam won't start
- battery light on. While driving, all dash lights come on and car dies.
- Feels like the transmission is shifting from park to reverse a little too hard
- park works,reverse works fine ,neutral works,shifts into drive but won't go.....
- While pulling in my driveway my car shut off but it's self...changed the ignition and manifold...it had never done this before I took it to the dealer bc of the recall...and my car will not start back need help asap....ty
2000 Pontiac Grand Am Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($350 - 477) in Harrison, MI
- 127,500 Mile Service ($80 - 127) in Bland, MO
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($203 - 351) in Mound, TX
- 7,500 Mile Service ($80 - 127) in Mancos, CO
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($327 - 499) in Bluefield, WV
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($347 - 523) in Granger, MO