every other gear seems to be fine, but when i shift into 2nd gear, it jerks when i begin to rev up and also it makes a very loud clicking noise when i go slower, but it turns into more of a grinding noise when i go faster. also, when shifting from reverse it is often hard to get the shift knob back into 1st gear position. any help?
Why is my 2nd gear making a very loud clicking/grinding noise? on 1993 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- Automatic trans, is spinning and grinding when in gear but the car won't move
- My 2006 Volkswagen jetta dash board lights went out and it would not accelerate
- After installing aftermarket stereo car will crank but will not turn over.
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
1993 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($288 - 478) in Nashville, KS
- Ball Joint Replacement - Upper ($234 - 408) in Islamorada, FL
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Grand Junction, IA
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($351 - 705) in Latah, WA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($243 - 302) in Blakesburg, IA
- Engine Leak Inspection ($88 - 111) in Clayton, ID