every other gear seems to be fine, but when i shift into 2nd gear, it jerks when i begin to rev up and also it makes a very loud clicking noise when i go slower, but it turns into more of a grinding noise when i go faster. also, when shifting from reverse it is often hard to get the shift knob back into 1st gear position. any help?
Why is my 2nd gear making a very loud clicking/grinding noise? on 1993 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 1993 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
- Engine starts fine but it won’t shift into any gear. Panel light also does not
1993 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - $56) in Nashville, KS
- Starter Replacement ($324 - $524) in Islamorada, FL
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($200 - $259) in Grand Junction, IA
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($255 - $321) in Latah, WA
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - $56) in Blakesburg, IA
- Fuel Tank Replacement ($928 - $1,685) in Clayton, ID