I recently replaced the water pump since I noticed some coolant around the pump area. Two days later I noticed it leaking again and removed the alternator to get a better look and sure enough I saw a pool of coolant on the engine and p underneath the intake manifold. Is this due to a worn gasket or is it more severe like a cracked cylinder head?
why is it leaking coolant? on 1992 Buick LeSabre
Asked by for the 1992 Buick LeSabre
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Russ ,
March 17, 2009
The coolant could very well be leaking from the intake manifold gasket. The best way to pinpoint the leak is to pressurize the system using the proper equipment. Once the system is under pressure you should be able to see the leak.
1 answerFebruary 16, 2015
2 answersMarch 22, 2014
2 answersJanuary 17, 2012
1 answerJanuary 21, 2016
This week's top 10
Recent Buick LeSabre Questions
- why is my 1990 Buick Park Avenue when car wont start then when it do black smoke
- What happens to my 2003 Buick lesabre when the catalytic converter plugs up
- Why won't my high beams stay on when I pull lever
- Why does my car shift hard when changing gears?
- Had both the power steering pump and rack/pinion replaced with new parts.
1992 Buick LeSabre Estimates
- Starter Replacement ($230 - $513) in Clark Mills, NY
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($268 - $382) in Florien, LA
- AC Condenser Replacement ($391 - $562) in Bell City, LA
- Thermostat Replacement ($126 - $162) in Perry, AR
- Windshield Wiper Arm Replacement ($72 - $92) in Malone, NY
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($519 - $539) in Oilmont, MT