I recently replaced the water pump since I noticed some coolant around the pump area. Two days later I noticed it leaking again and removed the alternator to get a better look and sure enough I saw a pool of coolant on the engine and p underneath the intake manifold. Is this due to a worn gasket or is it more severe like a cracked cylinder head?
why is it leaking coolant? on 1992 Buick LeSabre
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Russ ,
March 17, 2009
The coolant could very well be leaking from the intake manifold gasket. The best way to pinpoint the leak is to pressurize the system using the proper equipment. Once the system is under pressure you should be able to see the leak.
1 answerFebruary 16, 2015
2 answersMarch 22, 2014
2 answersJanuary 17, 2012
1 answerJanuary 21, 2016
This week's top 10
Recent Buick LeSabre Questions
- What causes the heat to blow out cold air?
- The car was running bad changed fuel filter,pump ,fuel pressure regulator ,egr ,
- Only cold air coming out of the vent and I'm leaking antifreeze?
- Heat/ A/C blower motor will not shut off even when ignition is turned off !
- What do you do when the engine service signal shows?
1992 Buick LeSabre Estimates
- Air Pump Check Valve Replacement ($140 - 202) in Clark Mills, NY
- 7,500 Mile Service ($106 - 160) in Florien, LA
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($175 - 424) in Bell City, LA
- AC Compressor Replacement ($495 - 751) in Perry, AR
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($173 - 201) in Malone, NY
- Fuel Tank Replacement ($1,270 - 1,375) in Oilmont, MT