a few weeks back my battery died and a friend swaped battery's with me. when the new battery got installed the security light came on. I was still able to drive my blazer. a week after driving it with the security light on my battery went dead again. so i changed the battery back to mine. when i went to start my blazer it wouldn't start. it acted as if it wanted too but it sounded like it wasn't getting fuel. so after changing the fuel pump and filter, it was still not starting. i took it to a chevy dealer to reset the security codes. it ran for about a week, and the battery died again now it's having the same problem. after much research i find out it's an iod fuse. i'm just confused on why the fuse blows when the battery dies.
why does the iod fuse blow on my 1998 chevy blazer? on 1998 Chevrolet Blazer
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Blazer Questions
- The car starts and everything, but will shut off after driving for awile
- 1993 chevy k1500 blazer 5.7 auto. Truck shuts off when it reaches running temp
- 83 K5 washer stays on all the time when wiper on. Switch&motor already replaced?
- Running ruff, put in park steering wheel locked and key won't turn at all
- New dist cap and button gas in breather don't help Getz fire,gas hard2start@time
1998 Chevrolet Blazer Estimates
- 5,000 Mile Service ($123 - 183) in Boston, GA
- Heater Core Replacement ($912 - 1,174) in Bostwick, FL
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - 104) in Noel, MO
- Heater Hose Replacement ($142 - 210) in Guernsey, IA
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($214 - 345) in Calcium, NY
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($469 - 723) in San Diego, TX