Our 1993 ford escort keeps shutting off when the temp outside is over 80 degrees, runs good under 70 degrees outside. We've changed the fuel pump, the distributer cap, water pump, the fan, the radiator, the spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter, battery, all the fuses. Still have no Idea why the car sputters when we slow down or accelerate, and shuts off while were on the road. what
Why does our 93 Ford Escort shut off in the hot weather? on 1993 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
1993 Ford Escort Estimates
- Head Gasket Replacement ($648 - 1,109) in Kleinfeltersville, PA
- 75,000 Mile Service ($132 - 194) in Dunsmuir, CA
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($353 - 488) in East Saint Johnsbury, VT
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($187 - 248) in Samaria, MI
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Lancaster, KS
- Engine Mount Replacement ($357 - 490) in Adrian, GA