When I shift between front and rear direction sometimes it makes a loud clunk noise and does not go in the direction I shifted to. One time I put it in forward and it clunked & when I stepped on gas it went backward instead, almost hitting car behind me but was able to brake in time. Is this the transmission? How serious is this. It usually happens more often if I am on a hill or slight incline.
Why does my voyager, when shifting gears make a loud clunk noise. on 1996 Plymouth Voyager
This week's top 10
Recent Plymouth Voyager Questions
- I bought my van used few days ago. Put it on obd right away the only thing tha
- my van does nothing when i try to start it just the hum of the fuel pump.why?
- i would like the Relay/Relat Resistate #'s of both power distabrution center &
- What things do I look for if check engine light comes on?
- Battery light coming on and stalls out vehicle. Replaced battery & alternator.
1996 Plymouth Voyager Estimates
- Thermostat Replacement ($99 - 136) in Neelyville, MO
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($96 - 148) in Valier, IL
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - 61) in Guffey, CO
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($278 - 624) in San Rafael, CA
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($190 - 471) in Union Bridge, MD
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($174 - 194) in Prairie Grove, AR