When I shift between front and rear direction sometimes it makes a loud clunk noise and does not go in the direction I shifted to. One time I put it in forward and it clunked & when I stepped on gas it went backward instead, almost hitting car behind me but was able to brake in time. Is this the transmission? How serious is this. It usually happens more often if I am on a hill or slight incline.
Why does my voyager, when shifting gears make a loud clunk noise. on 1996 Plymouth Voyager
Asked by for the 1996 Plymouth Voyager
This week's top 10
Recent Plymouth Voyager Questions
- How to test for power to coil
- Turn the key hear spinning sound is there part that shears for the starter ?
- what would cause frequent hesitations in how engine is running at 45-60 mph
- I bought my van used few days ago. Put it on obd right away the only thing tha
- my van does nothing when i try to start it just the hum of the fuel pump.why?
1996 Plymouth Voyager Estimates
- Timing Belt Replacement ($214 - $291) in Neelyville, MO
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($249 - $793) in Valier, IL
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($349 - $520) in Guffey, CO
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($197 - $287) in San Rafael, CA
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($481 - $502) in Union Bridge, MD
- Windshield Washer Fluid Reservoir Replacement ($122 - $172) in Prairie Grove, AR