When I shift between front and rear direction sometimes it makes a loud clunk noise and does not go in the direction I shifted to. One time I put it in forward and it clunked & when I stepped on gas it went backward instead, almost hitting car behind me but was able to brake in time. Is this the transmission? How serious is this. It usually happens more often if I am on a hill or slight incline.
Why does my voyager, when shifting gears make a loud clunk noise. on 1996 Plymouth Voyager
Asked by for the 1996 Plymouth Voyager
This week's top 10
Recent Plymouth Voyager Questions
- How to test for power to coil
- Turn the key hear spinning sound is there part that shears for the starter ?
- my van does nothing when i try to start it just the hum of the fuel pump.why?
- Battery light coming on and stalls out vehicle. Replaced battery & alternator.
- The lock on my 98 plymouth voyager is broken. Handle doesn't move & key won't open it either. What to do :(
1996 Plymouth Voyager Estimates
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Neelyville, MO
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Valier, IL
- Wheel Bearing Service ($114 - $150) in Guffey, CO
- Timing Belt Replacement ($214 - $291) in San Rafael, CA
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($174 - $194) in Union Bridge, MD
- Battery Cable Replacement ($117 - $364) in Prairie Grove, AR