whenever im stopped with the engine running except when i first start it the engine revs between 500 and 1000 rpm. also if it sits for a while it has a hard time getting out of the first few gears. runs perfect 20mph and over. code registers an emmissons problem. bought a new gas cap MIL didnt come back on for a couple days
why does my engine rev when stopped or parked on 2003 Dodge Durango
Asked by for the 2003 Dodge Durango
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Durango Questions
- How many quarts of transmission does it take
- I need a bolt pattern (bolt lengths) for the water pump.
- My Durango is making a loud whinning noise which gets worse with acceleration...
- Truck stalls randomly while driving. Clunk then stalls
- Why won't my driver's side power seat move back when I turn off car?
2003 Dodge Durango Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($111 - $182) in Marshfield, WI
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($287 - $501) in Howard, SD
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($84 - $156) in San Acacia, NM
- AC Condenser Replacement ($548 - $646) in Brownville Junction, ME
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($127 - $218) in Powell, WY
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($104 - $115) in Blairs, VA