The car starts with no problem and runs perfect for about 10 seconds then it dies. It seems like it runs out of fuel. I installed a new fuel pump. Jumping the diagnostic box and the pump runs and generates 48PSI but when the engine runs there is less than 20PSI. I installed another pressure regulator but nothing changed. I wonder if a bad vacuum solenoid would cause this condition? I'm not certain how to test for that.
Why does my engine die after running 10 seconds but will restart & run for 10sec on 1993 Mazda Protege
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- We hat els would make it not drive when it feels like the clutch but not?
- Can a automatic transmission starter work in a manual transmission 2001 protege
- The Ecm is bad in my protoge. I've bought a different one but it didn't work.
- Where is the fuse box location? I changed the bu lb in back over license plate
- My key broke in half it was in my pant pocket where can i get another one
1993 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($343 - 555) in Cowgill, MO
- Radiator Replacement ($515 - 686) in Prairieburg, IA
- AC Condenser Replacement ($332 - 434) in Gallman, MS
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($217 - 293) in Henderson, IA
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($266 - 324) in Hays, MT
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($372 - 444) in Eden, VT