The car starts with no problem and runs perfect for about 10 seconds then it dies. It seems like it runs out of fuel. I installed a new fuel pump. Jumping the diagnostic box and the pump runs and generates 48PSI but when the engine runs there is less than 20PSI. I installed another pressure regulator but nothing changed. I wonder if a bad vacuum solenoid would cause this condition? I'm not certain how to test for that.
Why does my engine die after running 10 seconds but will restart & run for 10sec on 1993 Mazda Protege
Asked by for the 1993 Mazda Protege
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- One under the friver's side dash, one in the engine compartment
- What is causing a buzzing noise? When windows are rolled up and head lights used
- Where is my file pump relay switch located.
- What size is the drivers side window 2003.Mazda protege ls
- We hat els would make it not drive when it feels like the clutch but not?
1993 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($99 - $189) in Cowgill, MO
- Steering Rack Replacement ($817 - $1,437) in Prairieburg, IA
- PCV Valve Replacement ($32 - $46) in Gallman, MS
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($176 - $303) in Henderson, IA
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($387 - $816) in Hays, MT
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($476 - $752) in Eden, VT