The car starts with no problem and runs perfect for about 10 seconds then it dies. It seems like it runs out of fuel. I installed a new fuel pump. Jumping the diagnostic box and the pump runs and generates 48PSI but when the engine runs there is less than 20PSI. I installed another pressure regulator but nothing changed. I wonder if a bad vacuum solenoid would cause this condition? I'm not certain how to test for that.
Why does my engine die after running 10 seconds but will restart & run for 10sec on 1993 Mazda Protege
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- When I press the clutch pedal the engine decelerate and shut down
- Is there a fuel pump inertia cut off switch on this vehicle, if so location?
- Engine not able to accelerate past 40 mph
- My car doesn't have reverse but will go on D, 2 & 1. What's the problem? HELP!!!
- changed clutch how much trans. fluid do I put in it?