The car starts with no problem and runs perfect for about 10 seconds then it dies. It seems like it runs out of fuel. I installed a new fuel pump. Jumping the diagnostic box and the pump runs and generates 48PSI but when the engine runs there is less than 20PSI. I installed another pressure regulator but nothing changed. I wonder if a bad vacuum solenoid would cause this condition? I'm not certain how to test for that.
Why does my engine die after running 10 seconds but will restart & run for 10sec on 1993 Mazda Protege
Asked by for the 1993 Mazda Protege
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- One under the friver's side dash, one in the engine compartment
- Where is my file pump relay switch located.
- What size is the drivers side window 2003.Mazda protege ls
- Can a automatic transmission starter work in a manual transmission 2001 protege
- The Ecm is bad in my protoge. I've bought a different one but it didn't work.
1993 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($234 - $360) in Cowgill, MO
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($235 - $354) in Prairieburg, IA
- General Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Gallman, MS
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($95 - $124) in Henderson, IA
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($110 - $138) in Hays, MT
- Neutral Safety Switch Replacement ($83 - $128) in Eden, VT