When I turn the key in the ignition it takes forever for the car to actually start. Then it either dies or acts like its gonna die, even when I'm giving it gas. Usually only happens when I originally start the car, then it's fine.
Why does my car take so long to start when I turn the key? And also die on me? on 2000 Volvo S40
ck fuel pressure and ck to make sure fuel system is holding pressure when key is off.
This week's top 10
Recent Volvo S40 Questions
2000 Volvo S40 Estimates
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($391 - 524) in Mercer Island, WA
- Clutch Replacement ($1,287 - 1,626) in North Sutton, NH
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($283 - 396) in Kaaawa, HI
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($485 - 658) in Haverstraw, NY
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($290 - 333) in Richville, MI
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($715 - 869) in Eagleville, CA