When I fisrt start the car cold it will die. After a couple of tries it will stay running. This car only has 30,000 miles on it but did sit for about a year without being driven. Once it rund for a while it will sit and surge at idle between 50 and 150 rpm. It has now started getting very bad fuel mileage and I noticed today when I was checking it out that when I take the intake hose loose from the air cleaner housing it sounds like it is gurgling in the tube. I also noticed that if you cover the opening by the maf sensor it will kill the engine even if you just cover it a little bit. There are no lights or codes logged on this car.
Why does my car surge at idle and gets terrible fuel mileage? on 2007 Ford Taurus
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- while driving rpm drops down motor cuts off
- I've changed the 02 sensor and the check engine lights is still on.... Now what?
- Why does my fuse number 28 keep blowing in my 2000 Ford Taurus
- Hit a deer with car and now will not turn over. If we use a bypass it will turn
- I don't know why my brake light only works when I press completely down.
2007 Ford Taurus Estimates
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($300 - 360) in Rockmart, GA
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($300 - 392) in Menno, SD
- Transmission Fluid Change ($139 - 180) in Elkland, MO
- Clutch Cable Replacement ($165 - 326) in Lajas, PR
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($66 - 112) in Gladstone, ND
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($98 - 163) in Mohawk, WV