When it doesn't start I tap on the relay box on the tight hand side rear of the engine I think it's called the engine control module and spray contact cleaner and let it dry and it will start fine for a few days then it will do it again should I switch the relays?
Why does my car start in occasion. on 1997 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 1997 Volkswagen Jetta
2 answersJune 11, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- loud knocking sound and now car wont turn over...what do I check first?
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
1997 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($108 - $187) in Limington, ME
- Oil Pump Replacement ($639 - $1,938) in Eloy, AZ
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($722 - $1,150) in Ashville, OH
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - $56) in Woodlawn, TX
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($589 - $896) in Logan, IL
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($35 - $75) in Rutherford College, NC