When it doesn't start I tap on the relay box on the tight hand side rear of the engine I think it's called the engine control module and spray contact cleaner and let it dry and it will start fine for a few days then it will do it again should I switch the relays?
Why does my car start in occasion. on 1997 Volkswagen Jetta
2 answersJune 11, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My 2006 Volkswagen jetta dash board lights went out and it would not accelerate
- After installing aftermarket stereo car will crank but will not turn over.
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
- EPC Light Comes on when Headlights turned on, break lights also stay on
1997 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- 82,500 Mile Service ($42 - 105) in Limington, ME
- Glow Plug Replacement ($240 - 327) in Eloy, AZ
- 52,500 Mile Service ($42 - 105) in Ashville, OH
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Rear ($76 - 128) in Woodlawn, TX
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($238 - 383) in Logan, IL
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($576 - 643) in Rutherford College, NC