It shut off several times while pulling out of a parking lot, and once while actually driving on the street. I took my car to Autozone and they ran a computer scan on it because the check engine light was on. I was told that the camshaft position sensor showed up in every code, so I took it to a shop but they said that the sensor was good. The next day after getting it out of the shop, it shut off again. But this time, it sounded as if i was revving the engine, after i restarted it and started to go. I was hardly pressing the pedal though.
Why does my car shut off while driving? on 2006 Chevrolet Impala
by inneedofhelp76 in Southaven, MS on July 23, 2012
0 answersNovember 28, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Impala Questions
- 02 Impala haven't started in over a week. the check engine light is on but no security light is on. this has happened several times I'm the pass 3months. what could be wrong with this car. This only happen after parking never while driving. Please help
- Where do oil leaks happen?
- I notice steam coming from front drivers side under hood every now and then, just got coolant flush, dont see any leaks? Any idea what it could stem from?
- if lots of Chevrolet impala's have this problem why wont yall fix it. its so aggravating that hundreds of people impalas are knocking even hundreds of people on youtube and yall wont do anything about it.. please recall this!!
- Why will my 2000 Impala not start most of the time? The battery light will come on but then will turn off. The radio and lights do work but car will not start.