I have had braked replaced and center mount replaced. the noise is lke something is stuck under the hood and the car thumps and jerks. It does not do it all the time but after driving awhile it starts. Also if battery is disconnected, it will stop for a day and then start back
Why does my car make a loud thumping sound and jerks when brakes are applied? on 2006 Ford Five Hundred
Asked by for the 2006 Ford Five Hundred
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Five Hundred Questions
- I have 90,000 miles and my engine symbol came on and stays on. What is it?
- What does failed engine safe mode mean and what needs to be fixed?
- Checked fuses and relays because heater fan stopped working. Now it won't start.
- When driving down the highway or setting still the gauges go to nothing except
- Rear passenger blinker bulb works, does not blink though...
2006 Ford Five Hundred Estimates
- Heater Core Replacement ($586 - $779) in Inwood, NY
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($716 - $943) in Veteran, WY
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Eastville, VA
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($110 - $309) in Vinton, CA
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($135 - $146) in Maywood, CA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($407 - $425) in Burlington Junction, MO