Labor Day weekend my car started over heating, while trying to take it to my mom's the fan and shroud exploded. We had it towed to mom's. We tore it down and found that the water pump had gone out. On October 27 we put a new pump and thermostat in it. I drove it almost everyday til December 8 then it started getting hot again. I limped it home where we waited til tax money came to try fixing it again. We tore it down again, had the radiator tested(it was great), we flushed the system and removed the thermostat completely. Then we took out the water pump and noticed it didn't move. So I returned the bad one and got the new one, we put it on and I drove it to work today, 2-16-12. It ran great, then on way home it started to get hot, the top hose it hard to squeeze and the top is easy to squeeze. Once we had it cooled my husband had me hold my hand over water resivoir while she was running, it kind of sucked on my hand
Why does my car keep over heating? on 1998 BMW 528i
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 528i Questions
- when do i need to replace gearbox oil?
- What cause the steering column to randomnly reset to the down position?
- What is this scraping/ticking sound on engine start up and acceleration.
- No throttle response,eml,check engine light is on.
- My 99 528i bmw wont start... there quite a few codes. p0130-p1189-p0170-po150