car dies during idle, have changed spark plugs, iac valve, icm, fuel injectors, clean fuel filter, new vacuum hoses. car will run as long as i give it gas but dies at idle speed, and sometimes backfires through cylinders. sometimes blows blue smoke through tailpipe.
why does my car die during idle? on 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Cavalier Questions
- How much for an actuator repair plus labor on my Chevy Caviler 2004?
- My coolant light came on this morning but my coolant tank is full
- what would cause a 1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL to only get 7 miles per gallon
- 99 cav. Had leaking cooler line repaired them trans now has teverse first second
- My 2005 Cavalier cranks but won't start.
1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Estimates
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($167 - 210) in Waldo, OH
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Aberdeen, MD
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($346 - 500) in Madras, OR
- Oil Pump Replacement ($330 - 605) in Gamerco, NM
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($60 - 86) in Fort Polk, LA
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($388 - 583) in Sumrall, MS