I bought a brand new 07 Elantra in March or February of 07 and at about the 60,000 mile mark or so the A/C light would randomly come on no matter how I was using the climate system. Well, I got to paying closer attention and I started leaving the fan on full blast when I shut the climate system off. That's when I started to notice that about every two months the A/C and fan would flick on and off two or three times in a row when I had the system completely off. Alternatively the system will flick off and on when I'm actually using it, but I tend not to notice that unless I have the fan all the way up. I've been to two different dealers and they always say they can't reproduce the problem and all the electronics seem fine. I've tried to monitor factors when the issue occurs and it seems pretty random. It will happen shortly after I start the car or several hours in to an interstate trip. It will happen while I'm stuck in traffic both when I'm not moving and when I'm in between lights, but it will also happen at highway speed. I can't seem to figure it out and I'm getting worried because I'm down to less than 15,000 miles on my warranty.
Why does my AC intermittently turn on and off? on 2007 Hyundai Elantra
Asked by for the 2007 Hyundai Elantra
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Elantra Questions
- oil system exploded while driving ,losing most oil. Has this been a problem
- Is my car covered with its warranty still?
- The inside door locking lever works for only front and rear right side only.
- car wont shift, stuck in park.
- My car will shift fine but then all of a sudden it just stops and won't move
2007 Hyundai Elantra Estimates
- AC Compressor Replacement ($725 - $837) in High Island, TX
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($129 - $177) in Greenview, CA
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($803 - $1,170) in Fort Dix, NJ
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($50 - $73) in Cross, SC
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($445 - $521) in Ridgway, PA
- Brake Caliper Replacement ($633 - $665) in Buckhorn, KY