I bought a brand new 07 Elantra in March or February of 07 and at about the 60,000 mile mark or so the A/C light would randomly come on no matter how I was using the climate system. Well, I got to paying closer attention and I started leaving the fan on full blast when I shut the climate system off. That's when I started to notice that about every two months the A/C and fan would flick on and off two or three times in a row when I had the system completely off. Alternatively the system will flick off and on when I'm actually using it, but I tend not to notice that unless I have the fan all the way up. I've been to two different dealers and they always say they can't reproduce the problem and all the electronics seem fine. I've tried to monitor factors when the issue occurs and it seems pretty random. It will happen shortly after I start the car or several hours in to an interstate trip. It will happen while I'm stuck in traffic both when I'm not moving and when I'm in between lights, but it will also happen at highway speed. I can't seem to figure it out and I'm getting worried because I'm down to less than 15,000 miles on my warranty.
Why does my AC intermittently turn on and off? on 2007 Hyundai Elantra
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Elantra Questions
- Where is the fuse for the brake lights it's not labeled on the fuse panel box
- Why do the rpm's stay high while shifting gears (5 speed manual trans)?
- Has anyone else had to reset the time on their clock again and again?
- Where is the turn signal relay located?
- Bought car recently for wife.Did not come with key fob.Can I get 1& how? Thank U
2007 Hyundai Elantra Estimates
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in High Island, TX
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($321 - 476) in Greenview, CA
- Steering Rack Replacement ($1,089 - 1,491) in Fort Dix, NJ
- 37,500 Mile Service ($27 - 61) in Cross, SC
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($140 - 173) in Ridgway, PA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($935 - 955) in Buckhorn, KY