I've noticed that my 06 Buick Lacrosse makes a light rattling noise upon start up when the engine is cool. This lasts for about 5-10 minutes until the engine warms up and happens whether it is in idle or is being driven. The noise disappears completely once engine is warm. This happens everyday and has been happening for the last month. It does not seem to matter what the temperature is since it has been 80 some days and in the 40's these last few days upon start up. No indicator warning lights go on and the car drives smooth so not real sure if I should get it checked out or not. I have checked other websites and read that there is a piece of plastic that is being hit by a fan and there is nothing that can be done except getting that piece of plastic cut so that the noise disappears. Any advice?
Why does my 06 Buick Lacrosse make a light rattling noise upon start up? on 2006 Buick LaCrosse
Asked by for the 2006 Buick LaCrosse
This week's top 10
Recent Buick LaCrosse Questions
- can i get best car from online?
- Can I change my own transmission fluid on this car it has no pan or drain plug.
- Check engine light on. Immediately after pumping gas, it hesitates to start. But
- we have a backup camera and it does not have an alarm--is this normal?
- why does the oil pressure light stay on for about a minute when you start car
2006 Buick LaCrosse Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($270 - $378) in Wilsey, KS
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Novi, MI
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($319 - $599) in Canton, MA
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Eloy, AZ
- Engine Mount Replacement ($418 - $498) in Arcadia, OH
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($191 - $330) in Round Mountain, TX