158k - oil pan gasket blew. Took to NTB - first gasket failed. Installed 24 HR gasket and upon the 10 minute idle seal they say truck started sounding like a diesel. I drove .7 mile home and stalled 4 times and the engine light came on. Manager came over and got P0115 ect circuit code. I showed him oil is barely touching dipstick and he swears he say his tech fill my engine and that he doubled checked level to be at 2:nd dot on stick. Engine sounded great prior to gasket change. What can be wrong?
Why does it sound like a diesel after warm up? on 2000 Toyota 4Runner
Asked by for the 2000 Toyota 4Runner
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota 4Runner Questions
- How to kill VSC OFF, VSC TRAC & ENGINE lights that stay on?
- Abs light n alarm sound on constantly can't drive vehicle brake don't work
- Vents blowing cold air.engine stops, I put water in the radiator and it runs out
- ABS control module p/n 8954035270 replace . Is it need to programmed by dealer.
- vsc trac off/vsc off lights turn on when I put it in gear.How do I putlights out
2000 Toyota 4Runner Estimates
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Mount Angel, OR
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($256 - $324) in Wagontown, PA
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($411 - $558) in Iron River, MI
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($1,134 - $1,358) in Devens, MA
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($153 - $194) in Fluvanna, TX
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($605 - $685) in Waverly, OH