158k - oil pan gasket blew. Took to NTB - first gasket failed. Installed 24 HR gasket and upon the 10 minute idle seal they say truck started sounding like a diesel. I drove .7 mile home and stalled 4 times and the engine light came on. Manager came over and got P0115 ect circuit code. I showed him oil is barely touching dipstick and he swears he say his tech fill my engine and that he doubled checked level to be at 2:nd dot on stick. Engine sounded great prior to gasket change. What can be wrong?
Why does it sound like a diesel after warm up? on 2000 Toyota 4Runner
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota 4Runner Questions
- My transmission will only shift easily when the car is warm for 30 mins. minimum
- Shifting hard when warmed up, feels like a hard bump after it shifts in low gear
- the gear shift is stuck in Park. when brake is depressed.
- VSC,TRAC and engine light turn on when rear window defrost is turned on.
- How to kill VSC OFF, VSC TRAC & ENGINE lights that stay on?
2000 Toyota 4Runner Estimates
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($810 - $1,134) in Mount Angel, OR
- Timing Belt Replacement ($373 - $468) in Wagontown, PA
- Tire Rotation ($26 - $34) in Iron River, MI
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($451 - $590) in Devens, MA
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($111 - $152) in Fluvanna, TX
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - $56) in Waverly, OH