158k - oil pan gasket blew. Took to NTB - first gasket failed. Installed 24 HR gasket and upon the 10 minute idle seal they say truck started sounding like a diesel. I drove .7 mile home and stalled 4 times and the engine light came on. Manager came over and got P0115 ect circuit code. I showed him oil is barely touching dipstick and he swears he say his tech fill my engine and that he doubled checked level to be at 2:nd dot on stick. Engine sounded great prior to gasket change. What can be wrong?
Why does it sound like a diesel after warm up? on 2000 Toyota 4Runner
Asked by for the 2000 Toyota 4Runner
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota 4Runner Questions
- Eng Trac off vsc light is on I can take cable off batt it go off sho no code?
- Side to side wobble under 8 mph. Steering wheel not jerking.
- I have cylender that is. Not firing and when taking ng off heads #1 was like ne
- Will not start when cold temperature, what will cause that
2000 Toyota 4Runner Estimates
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($530 - 822) in Mount Angel, OR
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($567 - 1,236) in Wagontown, PA
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Rear ($76 - 128) in Iron River, MI
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($217 - 320) in Devens, MA
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($284 - 375) in Fluvanna, TX
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($865 - 941) in Waverly, OH