while driving my engine started making a loud tapping noise ( I would say knocking but I know what a rod knock sounds like and it wasn't that ). when I went to parkit , it started running really ruff. checked tining belt and it was missing a few teeth so I replaced it but still made the raddling noise when accelerating and ran a lil rough untill warmed up. checked for collapsed lifer and the all seemed ok. did compression test and one cylinder had no compression other one had low compression and other two were fine. so took off head had it resurface because was told there was an area that was rough or something. I believe it leeked oil out of that area. checked valves to see if they needed seeding but seemed ok, and now in the process of putting back together. could a blown head gasket havemade the rattling or tapping noise. . thanks for any info u may be able to give me...firstname.lastname@example.org
why does engine make a loud tapping or raddling sound when accelerating on 1998 Isuzu Amigo
Asked by for the 1998 Isuzu Amigo
This week's top 10
Recent Isuzu Amigo Questions
- someone broke the back window out of my 2 door hard top-can't find a replacement
- I CAN'T FIND A BACK WINDOW FOR MY HARDTOP-SOMEONE TOLD ME THE 2002 RODEO HARD..
- why wont my vehicle run is it wiring?
- Replaced the fuel pump and EGR, it is still hesitating when RPMs get over 2000?
- to much play in clutch pedal
1998 Isuzu Amigo Estimates
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($242 - $368) in Darien Center, NY
- Air Filter Replacement ($38 - $76) in Columbus, MT
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - $61) in Silver Creek, NE
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($355 - $433) in Transylvania, LA
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($476 - $504) in Grifton, NC
- Window Switch Replacement ($340 - $428) in Jaffrey, NH