Code showed MAS was bad, replaced with used part. Light went out, but car would barely run - it would rev high upon startup, then rev dropped and it would sputter and die/almost die. It just kept doing that in a cycle. When we unplugged sensor, the car runs much better, however check engine light is then on.
why does car idle get worse when we replace MAS? on 1998 Chevrolet Lumina
Asked by for the 1998 Chevrolet Lumina
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by pushrod ,
June 17, 2013
Check the big rubber intake tube to be sure it is not damaged and installed/tightened correctly. - Try a new MAF sensor!
This week's top 10
1998 Chevrolet Lumina Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($309 - $723) in Cantrall, IL
- Transmission Fluid Change ($136 - $177) in Lake Fork, IL
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in North Street, MI
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($309 - $723) in Cumberland Gap, TN
- Battery Cable Replacement ($91 - $152) in South Bethlehem, NY
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - $67) in Brandy Station, VA