Bought used 4 mos. ago from private dealer. Didn't start having problems until 3 mos. ago with hard start up. Engine cranks but won't catch for a few seconds 7 out of 10 x's. Engine stalling began about 2 months ago, 3 out of 10 x's. Will start right back up. Replaced alternator & battery
Why do I have a hard start up and unexpected stalling? on 1997 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Lightknight ,
June 21, 2013
Do you have good spark plugs and correctly gaped?
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
1997 Ford Escort Estimates
- Strut Bearing Replacement ($334 - 534) in Talmage, CA
- 15,000 Mile Service ($132 - 194) in Addis, LA
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($63 - 77) in Summerville, OR
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($254 - 356) in East Bloomfield, NY
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($152 - 191) in Branch, LA
- Window Switch Replacement ($168 - 261) in Oradell, NJ