Bought used 4 mos. ago from private dealer. Didn't start having problems until 3 mos. ago with hard start up. Engine cranks but won't catch for a few seconds 7 out of 10 x's. Engine stalling began about 2 months ago, 3 out of 10 x's. Will start right back up. Replaced alternator & battery
Why do I have a hard start up and unexpected stalling? on 1997 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Lightknight ,
June 21, 2013
Do you have good spark plugs and correctly gaped?
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
1997 Ford Escort Estimates
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($67 - 117) in Talmage, CA
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($256 - 1,036) in Addis, LA
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($295 - 422) in Summerville, OR
- Spark Plug Replacement ($109 - 150) in East Bloomfield, NY
- Horn Replacement ($170 - 183) in Branch, LA
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($156 - 219) in Oradell, NJ