I GET A MESSAGE IN THE INSTRUMENT PANEL STATING GEAR SHIFT INDICATOR FAULT WHEN I PUT IT IN GEAR FROM A COLD START..THIS WILL LAST FOR SEVERAL MILES/AND TAKES ABOUT 30 MINUTES TO GO AWAY. I WILL BE DRIVING IN OVERDRIVE BUT THE PANEL WILL SHOW REVERSE...OTHERWIASE THE CAR DRIVES FINE.
WHY DO I GET A MESSAGE IN PANEL STATING "GEAR SHIFT INDICATOR FAULT"? on 1995 Cadillac DeVille
Asked by for the 1995 Cadillac DeVille
This week's top 10
Recent Cadillac DeVille Questions
- Message when key is inserted> "Remove Key" "starting disabled"
- I'm am interested in buying a 98 caddy with 120k miles r a grand is it worth it.
- Car horn does not work, and the airbag light is indicated on the dashboard.
- idles good one time then turn off car and then don't want to idle nexttime
- is the access panel in the trunk behind the rear seat for the fuel sending unit?
1995 Cadillac DeVille Estimates
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($243 - 449) in Hamilton Township, NJ
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Warrensville, NC
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($326 - 455) in DeSoto, IL
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($278 - 1,201) in Mount Sterling, KY
- Ignition Lock Cylinder Replacement ($175 - 312) in West Memphis, AR
- Distributor Rotor Replacement ($60 - 95) in Hillsboro, OR