I just had my coolant and air conditioning fixed about 3 weeks ago, so I don't think that's the issue. The gauge went a little over halfway and it always rests right under the halfway mark. It only went up once and it was while I was sitting in a drive-thru, after I drove off it went back down and was fine all the way home. I just want to catch something before it is too late. The only other time this happened was about 4 years ago and when my gauge went up the engine started smoking, but all of that has been fixed now. Help a girl out!!! Any suggestions are welcome :)
Why did my temperature gauge on my dashboard go over the half way mark today? on 1997 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 1997 Honda Accord
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- Engine light illuminated intermittently.
- What would cause the engine to start and then cut-off after warming?
- Oil pan removal, i have all the bolts off, stuck on the automatic tranny cover,
- How do I remove a screw that fell into the steering column?
- My check engine light is on after replacing the plugs, ignition coils anf EGR
1997 Honda Accord Estimates
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($325 - $543) in French Lick, IN
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($260 - $332) in Idledale, CO
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($298 - $526) in Springfield, MA
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($43 - $94) in Oglethorpe, GA
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($311 - $756) in Centenary, SC
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($186 - $757) in West Hartland, CT