'95 Jeep Wranger with 155,000 miles failed emissions due to to much HC GPM readings (3.3177 vs. the allowable 2.000). What could be the problem? Coming out of 1st gear, about 1/2 way through, there is a loss of power. Could this be a fuel injector or catalytic converter problem?
Why did my Jeep fail emissions? on 1995 Jeep Wrangler
Improper ignition timing, defective ignition components, lean fuel mixture, defective catalytic converter can all cause high hydrocarbons.
This week's top 10
1995 Jeep Wrangler Estimates
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($271 - 352) in Rockland, MI
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($206 - 309) in Nantucket, MA
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Ojo Caliente, NM
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($789 - 998) in Clemons, IA
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($45 - 56) in Tucson, AZ
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($127 - 149) in Weleetka, OK